welcome

Tips and tricks on how to engage the children in your life in a meaningful and memorable way. Meals, crafts, and unit study ideas designed to take some of the planning out of holidays and events so you can dive in and start having fun!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A lunch of SUPER proportions

I wanted to tackle a party that was easy to assemble, and required no extra supplies.  This Super Hero party achieved this, and with the exception of the candy, managed to do it without any food coloring!  Colorful plates and bowls and small signs printed on Word, with a fun font and creative wording, tied my foods into the theme.  What a great party idea for boys ages 4-12!  There were SO many heroes to choose from!


My first time experimenting with Knox gelatin and fruit juice, instead of packaged Jell-O, which is LOADED with food dyes.  The kids LOVED the flavor that the Welch's grape juice gave these villainous squares.  No extra steps at ALL in preparation, just hot juice/cold juice in place of the water. 


Our nod to Spider man.  These can be filled with cream cheese spread or peanut butter.


My sons are OBSESSED with chicken wings, so I had to do this play on Batman's wings.  I don't make wings from scratch much, but it was easier than I thought!


Veggies and dip.  Building super powers...for real!


Captain America popcorn.  This is Pop Secret's new magic popcorn.  The blue color is soy based, so I didn't feel too bad serving it to the kids.  They were mesmerized by the cool color!


Superman's berries.  Summery and delicious, a true super food! 



The kids and I pumped some iron.  Lots of giggling as we pretended these weights were too heavy to lift.  :-)


Evil Kryptonite.  Superman...beware!


We have found the source of The Green Lantern's power...and it tastes good!

Before we ate, the kids had fun rescuing some damsels in distress.  After naps, we'll be decorating some fun masks that were free to print online.  I guess today SuperMom rescued 3 kids from the evil BooHoo Bordom.  Do-do-dahhhhhh!  *insert SuperMom theme song here*  :-)




Meredith
Make sure you visit my facebook and Pinterest pages for more meal ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment