welcome

Tips and tricks on how to engage the children in your life in a meaningful and memorable way. Meals, crafts, and unit study ideas designed to take some of the planning out of holidays and events so you can dive in and start having fun!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I "Dyed" a little :-/

I love color. Colored food looks pretty, and it seems like brightly hued cereals and snacks should be more fun to eat, right? I have been in the, "Eh, what's a little food coloring every now and then?" camp, until I recently found my son to be nearly uncontrolable after eating a huge bowl of fairly popular breakfast cereal.

I have recently begun looking into where the colors we consume so regularly come from, and the results are SHOCKING! Due to this research, I am DETERMINED to weed out as much food coloring as I possibly can from our home! I am going to be purchasing a set of natural food dyes to be used in my future posts. I DO want food to be fun for my kids AND yours. I just want to bring you foods that I am confident will allow them all to be the best kids they can be! I will be sure to let you know how our new adventure in natural food coloring is going. :-)




Are your children dye sensitive? What have you found that works for you?

Meredith
Make sure you visit my facebook and Pinterest pages for more meal ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment