welcome

Tips and tricks on how to engage the children in your life in a meaningful and memorable way. Meals, crafts, and unit study ideas designed to take some of the planning out of holidays and events so you can dive in and start having fun!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Our Good Friday lunch

I wanted to do something to really hit home the meaning of Easter this year, so I came up with a last supper/food from the region meal. I used flat bread crackers, and I topped them with olive hummus, gave them a boiled egg, (Though I could not find one reference to these beauties in the Bible, it stands to reason that they COULD have had them, since they had birds, right?) a mixed green salad, dried fruit, and an empty tomb dessert, made with a graham cracker topped with green coconut and half a doughnut. I think it turned out great, and it really opened the door for discussion about the various parts of the Easter story.   Continuing our theme, this last supper was served with a cup of grape juice. 


I hope you had a fantastic and memorable Easter weekend!  I would love to hear how you made the weekend special for your children!




Meredith
Make sure you visit my facebook and Pinterest pages for more meal ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment