welcome

Tips and tricks on how to engage the children in your life in a meaningful and memorable way. Meals, crafts, and unit study ideas designed to take some of the planning out of holidays and events so you can dive in and start having fun!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Eat what you grow, grow what you love!


Maybe it's because the sun is warming the air on a pretty predictable basis now, or maybe it's because I'm stubbornly determined to teach my children how to successfully plant/tend/harvest, but garden fever is in full effect around our house. Thankfully for us, we live in Florida, and have a little space devoted to growing.

It never ceases to amaze me how much more willing my boys are to eat their veggies when they had a part in bringing them to the table. From the planting and watering to the pruning and eventual picking, my kids are involved. We started with a tomato plant, slowly added herbs and beans, and will be adding onions, broccoli, and carrots in the next few weeks.

I don't have what people call a green thumb, but I have learned so much during the process, and really enjoy getting my hands dirty right alongside my little ones as we grow things together! I'd love to hear what you're growing this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment