welcome

Tips and tricks on how to engage the children in your life in a meaningful and memorable way. Meals, crafts, and unit study ideas designed to take some of the planning out of holidays and events so you can dive in and start having fun!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Say it with sprinkles....LOTS of sprinkles!


There's nothing better than a cookie or cupcake slathered up with butter cream frosting and covered with sprinkles. Sweets can be personalized for any occasion under the sun. I keep a gallon sized bag full of all colors and shapes in the top of my pantry, and pull them out on the regular!

I will admit that I have purchased frosting in a can on at least 2 occasions, but with a recipe as simple as the one I use, it isn't hard to whip up a batch of homemade butter cream. Here's my favorite:

3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup softened butter or stick margarine
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla OR almond (my favorite) extract
1 to 2 Tablespoons milk, more as needed

Beat together sugar and softened butter on low. mix extract and milk and beat until whipped and fluffy. Color if desired. You can even substitute cream cheese for the butter or 1/2 and 1/2 for a great frosting for red velvet!

See, wasn't that easy? Your kids will thank you for it, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment