welcome

Tips and tricks on how to engage the children in your life in a meaningful and memorable way. Meals, crafts, and unit study ideas designed to take some of the planning out of holidays and events so you can dive in and start having fun!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

S'mores cupcakes



Look at these! Last week, we had a chance to sample these cupcakes shared by a wonderful friend, and I just KNEW it wouldn't be long before we made a batch of our own. If there has been a dessert more widely approved by the members of my family, I can't remember what it was! We made these cupcakes to tie in with our dinosaur unit. I thought they would work well as the prehistoric dirt for our white chocolate dinos.




Simple and delicious S'more cupcakes
Whip up a batch of your favorite brownie mix. We like the ones with chocolate chunks in them, so I chose Dunkin Heinz Triple Chocolate mix. Add ingredients to the bowl as recipe instructs. Set aside.

Crunch up some graham crackers and place in the bottom of a muffin cup. Don't crush them up too much, you want to still be able to see them when you unwrap these goodies!



Place a spoonful of brownie mix right over the graham crackers, and add a few marshmallows, or even one large pillow. I thought the small ones would be a great exercise in counting for my youngest.






Place another spoonful of brownie mix over the top of the marshmallows, and bake at 375. I believe ours were in for about 15 minutes, give or take. The marshmallows will make your cupcakes puff up, but they shouldn't spill over. You could always place a cookie sheet under your muffin tins to catch any drips, should they happen.

These delicious brownie cakes need no garnish, as they are beautiful on their own. Our cakes were completed with various white chocolate dinosaurs, and tree picks I found in my decoration box. They made a great ending to our di-no-mite lunch! Very prehistoric, don't you think?






Meredith
Make sure you visit my facebook and Pinterest pages for more meal ideas!

1 comment: